Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Marceline clock

So, I've been wanting to buy (at least one) clock for my house, but I wanted something a little kooky rather than just a boring tick tock. This has been going on for about 3 years now, and I suspected that nothing would live up to my expectations.

Then I saw Alantronics on Etsy. Go check out his shop, it is great. I was almost tempted to buy one, but I wasn't going to spend loads of money on shipping from America. So, in the end I did a blatant rip off of his Marceline clock*. Not having woodworking tools, I used cardboard, with a second layer of cardboard for her hair to make it 3D. It is nowhere near as good as the original, but I'm quite proud - the cardboard was some I had lying around at work, the paints I had, so the only cost was the clock mechanism, which I ripped out of a very cheap (£1.49) clock that I bought at the local nasty cheap shop. So,  in fact the most expensive part were the batteries!

Well, it will do me for a while anyway, and when I get bored I can throw it away guilt free, or make a new design.



* I think that is okay netiquette-wise as I am not selling it

No comments:

Post a Comment